Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Finished My Thesis

I've finally finished my thesis this week. Submitted the electronic version today followed by printed/binded version in a week. That was quite a journey. I realized a lot of things about myself that I never knew. Tomorrow I demo the project at the university fair from 1-6PM which is open to the public. Anyone in the area is welcome to drop by.

I recommend using LaTeX to anyone planning to write a thesis. Basically, LaTeX is a typesetting application that takes care of formatting for you so you can concentrate on the content. It takes care of all formatting and creates table of content, figures, chapter, bibligraphies etc. LaTeX might seem an overkill, but when you approach more than 50 pages, you'll be thankful you chose LaTeX. Don't go with Word and EndNote like I did in the beginning.

No comments: