I read somewhere(?) that the Technology Movement always follow the Sun (from East to West).
- More than 2000 years ago, the Chinese invented paper, compass, gunpowder and printing.
- 2000 years ago the Egyptians built the pyramids.
- 600 years ago, Leonardo da Vinci in Italy did his stuffs... too many to write down.
- 400 years ago, an apple hit Newton in England.
- In the last 200 years, various people in US studied electricity, invented plane, phone, transistor and eventually the Internet.
China -> Egypt -> Italy -> England -> US. The Technology Movement always follow the Sun (East to West). There are more countries in between but I think I made my point. The question now is, not 'if' but 'when' will the Technology Movement jump the Pacific Ocean to Asia? Are we on the verge of the jump because the time span of each Technology Movement is getting shorter and its already been in the US for 200 years.
Is the economic boom in China the prelude to the Technology Movement of Asia? How are countries like Australia, India or my home country Bangladesh going to fare? With the shorter time span trend, I think the Technology Movement will be in Asia for less then 100 years. So if we want to ride it, we need to get ready and get ready right NOW.
Followup: How does the dark age affect the Technology Movement? That is another post.