Saturday, September 18, 2004

Back To The Beginning

Lil’ summary of everything that has occurred till now:

  1. June 10, 2004: Arrive at the land down under.
  2. June 17, 2004: Decide to relocate permanently to the land down under.
  3. June 28, 2004: Apply for transfer to the University of Queensland (UQ).
  4. July 28, 2004: Classes start officially but my application is still pending.
  5. August 10, 2004: Lose hope of getting admitted this semester after second week of classes.
  6. August 11, 2004: Start looking for a job to work until I try to get in the next semester
  7. August 27, 2004: After 71 resumes and 18 interview, got a job offer. Two hours later, UQ phones me to inform my application has been accepted (meanwhile 5 weeks of classes has already passed).
  8. August 30, 2004: Decide to accept the job offer since 5 weeks of classes have already passed. UQ informs me only 2 years from my previous 3.5 years of credits have been transferred #$%^&. Decide on UQ instead of job to get a head start on catching up the lost credit. Can't believe I turned down a job offer from Accenture... the horror... the horror...
  9. September 6, 2004: Take mid-semester exam right after starting classes. :(
  10. September 16, 2004: Accenture calls with another offer: 3-month contract where I can work around my classes. Asked them where should I sign. Start work from September 27, 2004.

Now I am an Analyst at Accenture. How cool is that? Hmm... do I get my own business cards? Not likely since I am only a contractor. Even if I do get them, I am not an Accenturite employee. People wouldn't know the difference but I would. And that would ruin the pleasure of it. Guess I will have to earn my keep.

No comments: